I haven’t shared a Links To Look At post in a while, but I have certainly been online more than ever during quarantine. Through all the hardships and uncertainties, there has also been some creative, uplifting and positive content on the internet from around the world. Here are some of my favorites…
Surviving and Staying Hopeful During COVID-19
- John Legend and Sam Smith sing Stand By Me as part of Global Citizen’s One World: Together At Home. Not only do I love their voices and this song, but it also reminded me of the Global Citizen concerts I went to in Central Park in NYC. I recommend the other collaborations from this YouTube series too! Celine Dion, Lady Gaga, Andrea Bocelli, John Legend, and Lang Lang sang a beautiful rendition of Prayer.
- After being in Milan so recently, this Andrea Bocelli: Music For Hope Live from the Duomo di Milano was extra special.
- I loved these 10 ways to make someone feel loved from far away.
- An important reminder from Matthew McConaughey.
- John Krasinski is a genius for starting his YouTube Channel, Some Good News. He has some really impressive guests too! Big fan of him.
- Comparison and Kindness During COVID-19 by another favorite blogger.
- The Missing Sounds of New York – a playlist on Spotify by The New York Public Library.
- The Headspace meditation app is free for the unemployed.
- The Class of 2020’s guide to all the virtual celebrity commencement speeches. I can’t imagine still being in school right now, let alone graduating!
- How to refuel when you’re feeling emotionally drained. I’m sure the majority of us could benefit from this.
- Apart but together…the many ways are getting creative to be able to connect with others safely.
- If you’re living at home alone, so are many others.
- Actress Gal Gadot posted a beautiful video featuring many other celebrities singing Imagine. Here is another touching performance of Imagine by a doctor in his scrubs in the hospital.
- Lastly, if you find yourself in one of those moods, scroll through the Good News Movement Instagram account. So many nice, sweet, heartwarming, and inspiring stories. I have too many favorites! More good news here @GoodGoodGoodco and @tanksgoodnews.
Letting Your Mind Escape When You Can’t Travel
- Dolphins glow in the dark in California’s bioluminescent waters.
- Cocktails from around the world that you can make at home.
- A virtual visit to Paris by one of my favorite bloggers, Meghan Donovan at Wit & Whimsy
- Take a virtual tour through Keukenhof, the most spectacular tulip garden by Time (Out) In. I love how they did that!)
- A fantastic roundup of more virtual experiences you’re missing by staying home.
- How to Experience Your Favorite Destinations Without Traveling with recipes, movies, songs, and more. I thought this was such a great idea!
- Make a Negroni or a Scotch Sour with actor Stanley Tucci.
Fun Videos That Don’t Have To Do with COVID-19
- Zac Efron is super down-to-earth on his Hot Ones interview
- We’ve definitely watched more than a few of the Gourmet Makes videos with Claire on the Bon Appetit YouTube Channel. She’s also fun to follow on Instagram!
- This baby facial massage that Allure Editor in Chief, Michelle Lee, posted is the cutest! I’m jealous, haha.
- I’m looking forward to watching Hamilton on Disney+ this July, and in theaters in late 2021!
- Little Chef Kobe is the absolute cutest. Wait for the cheese part!
- Gordon Ramsay has been pretty active on Instagram if you too are missing his shows! This one with Tilly is silly.
- For my fellow rosé lovers, this is a fun rendition of the Tik Tok challenge.
In case you missed it, I also caught up on all my city guides including Milan, Florence, Lake Como, and Breckenridge! Up Next: A Round-Up of My Quarantine Favorites, coming soon!
Thank you so much for including my post! You’ve got so many good links here that I can’t wait to explore!