Summer is upon us and people are traveling! Based on what I’ve seen, saved, and read, I’ve put together my favorite links covering travel tips, destination ideas, dining, recipes, mocktails, and all things Orlando. Plus, I’m launching my ShopMy page! I’ve shared Links To Look At previously but it’s been far too long. I hope you enjoy them and find that they inspire you in some way – whether it’s finally trying that new restaurant or adding a new city to your bucket list.
Introducing The Shop!
New to Adventures in Gourmet, I’m excited to introduce you to The Shop!
ShopMy is a platform where I can showcase, organize and monetize my favorite products, and work directly with brands! Right now, I have four categories in my shop – travel, food & drink, wellness, and beauty. I have so many ideas I can’t wait to share. To stay up-to-date, follow me on Instagram. To support me, click on items or brands of interest in my shop before checking out your cart. Depending on the retailer, I may receive a commission from your order.
Recently & Coming Soon in Orlando
- There are 3 new openings within a 5-minute walk on Mills Ave. that I am VERY excited for – Pigzza, Lamp & Shade, and Zymarium Meadery. I LOVE this neighborhood I’m so lucky to call home. I can’t wait to try and review them for you! Make sure you’re following along @adventuresingourmet.
- Camille opened their May reservations today on Tock! If you’ve never been, add it to your bucket list for a special occasion. We absolutely loved it! This is expected to be their last month in The Neighbors before they move to their own space in Baldwin Park. Have you seen the interior photos?! It’s stunning. I can’t wait!
- Eight new restaurants in Orlando were recognized by the Michelin Guide. I’ve been to 4 so far, including Doshi, Edoboy, Kaya, and Otto’s High Dive. It doesn’t come without a little drama though. As Bungalower reported, “Michelin added eight more restaurants to its Orlando guide because they were paid to release a new guide every year for three years. So while it’s exciting, for what they were paid, we think they could have folded in a couple more restaurants to round the number to 10.” Totally agree.
- Orlando tops the list yet again for most booked destinations via Google Flights this summer. Check out the rest of the list here.
My Adventures in Orlando
- A recent discovery of mine were the shark kebabs at Grills Seafood. So good! However, as of this morning, we saw this article. Yikes…there are so many more local places I’d rather support. Here are some more waterfront dining options.
- I finally went to The Monroe in Creative Village, and it was so cute! Surpassed expectations in both food and environment.
- Another recent first was Seito in Baldwin Park, which I gave my honest thoughts about here.
- The Courtesy never disappoints. We are loving their new location in Winter Park!
- A tried-and-true favorite now closer to home is Pizza Bruno in College Park. It was incredible. I can’t remember the last time I felt so full and happy, haha.
- Before (or after) Pizza Bruno, check out the new Freehand Goods next door. It’s the shop you know and love from East End Market, but now has a bar too!
- Thanks to everyone who sent over Lake Nona brunch recommendations. Chroma was the clear winner so that’s where we went. The cinnamon bun was to die for!
Recipes & At Home
- How insane does this sushi bake look? More interesting ideas from Cup of Jo’s “What Easy Dinners Do You Make When Friends Come Over?”
- A simple yet special pasta dish: Caramelized Leek Pasta
- Looking for seasonal spring recipe ideas? I love the idea of the lemony orzo with asparagus and garlic bread crumbs from this The New York Times article and the pasta with marinated artichoke sauce from this Food52 roundup. I’m not sure why all the pasta dishes are catching my eye the most, haha.
- If you want to keep your grocery list simple, these 25 recipes only require 5 ingredients or less.
- A fascinating look Inside the Secret World of A-List Private Chefs.
- YES! I am so here for #caviartok. Follow me on TikTok – I want to share my thoughts on the topic as a long-time caviar consumer!
Low Alcohol & Alcohol-Free
- Leave it to the expecting mothers to have the best mocktail ideas! How good does this Spicy Grapefruit Ginger Fizz sound?
- To buy in store, I recommend the non-alcoholic Golden Road Brewing Mango Cart and my boyfriend loves the Untitled Art Juicy IPA. This non-alcoholic bubbly rosé was disappointing (tasted almost like a jolly rancher) but I was able to make it work by mixing it with a flavored sparkling water for a wine spritz vibe.
- Looking for mocktails and alcohol-free/low alcohol beers in Orlando? For mocktails, check out The Bandbox for the biggest and best selection. I’m happy to see more restaurants putting specialty mocktails on their drink menus. For beer: Gnarly Barley, Freehand Goods, Redlight Redlight, Ivanhoe Park Brewing Company, and Ten10 Brewing have at least 1-2 options, including those from Untitled Art and Leaders.
Insider Dining Insights
- How to dine out like an absolute pro. Do you ask any of these questions? I loved the first idea! I often ask 2-5, but in general almost always ask the server questions regarding what to order.
- If you’re not subscribing to Substack newsletters, you’re missing out. There are SO many good ones! Maybe I’ll share my favorites in a separate post. In the meantime, I wanted to share this article from Expedite: No, Resy hasn’t won yet. For reference, go to the “Making Reservations” section of my post titled, Where To Find The Best Meals in NYC where I shared more on this topic. One more: Guest of a Guest “Why Is It So F-ing Hard To Get A Reservation These Days?”
- A fun read on how Restaurants Are the New Runways.
Wanderlust-Worthy Destinations for 2023
- Hanging out with the penguins in Argentina looks like such a unique adventure! *Adds to bucket list*
- The Best Underrated European Cities to Visit This Summer. Here are some other beautiful places in Europe to consider.
- Where are you going this summer? Here are some ideas from Town & Country.
- What about after summer? Travel + Leisure has a full 2023 list.
- Is it weird that I want to go back to Austin just to visit this new Chase Sapphire terrace at the airport? Just kidding, kind of. I also have friends I’d like to visit and many more new places to check out.
- Speaking of airlines, one of my favorite airlines, JetBlue, is now offering direct flights from JFK to Paris. Oui, s’il te plaît!
- Wherever you explore this summer, stay safe (always #1) and bring a travel journal. This blog and my Instagram are my travel journal now-a-days, but I grew up scrapbooking and journaled our first family Europe trip. They’re so fun to look back on!
- Back to basics: How to pack a suitcase. I love that the Away suitcases come with a laundry bag. I use it on every trip.
- Speaking of Away, they also come with a sponge to keep it clean. It’s very similar to a Magic Eraser. Do you clean your suitcase?
- Travel For Good – These 15 Women Are Changing The Way We Travel
- The Points Guy reports on How To Save Money on a Solo Trip – I think these tips work just as well for couples or groups.
- This was such an eyeopening read about credit card rewards programs.
In Case You Missed It
- Recent Openings in Winter Park You Need To Know About
- Influenced: 6 Great Breakfast Spots on My Orlando Wishlist
- Thrive Market Review & My Favorite Healthy Pantry Staples
- Soho Grand Hotel Review & How To Find A Hotel in NYC
- Where To Find The Best Meals in NYC
- Bachelorette Weekend in Scottsdale, AZ
- Reviewing a Beachfront Vacation Rental Property in Indialantic, FL