This week I’m sharing up-and-coming travel destinations, the best bars around the world, smart travel gear for anyone going anywhere, and things to do before your next trip! Stay tuned for a variety of useful travel stories and guides in upcoming volumes, and check out Volume 1 if you missed it!
Destinations To Consider
- Somewhere I never would have considered putting at the top of my travel bucket list is Scottsdale, or even Arizona for that matter. It’s somewhere I have zero connection to and yet I’ve repeatedly seen rave reviews and guides such as this one, this one and this one. Is it on your list now too?
- Andrew Zimmern’s Favorite Small City For Food is somewhere else I didn’t have on my radar!
- Despite visiting family in New England throughout my entire life and living in NYC for 4 years, I have so much more to explore. As a lobster enthusiast, this sounds pretty incredible. If you’re not as much of a lobster lover like myself, this is a great guide too.
- After my trip to Europe in September, next on my Europe wishlist is France, Spain and Portugal. Basque Country looks incredible and will not be overlooked!
Bars Worth The Trip
- Drink Here Now 2018 shares the best bars for the year across the world! I’ve covered many that were included such as Blacktail, Employees Only, Angel’s Share, Please Don’t Tell, Pegu Club, Death & Co, Mother’s Ruin, Brandy Library, The Dead Rabbit and Arnaud’s French 75.
- The top 10 Best Beach Bars in the U.S. offer a much more casual experience than the above list, which included many luxurious speakeasies.
- Also summer drinking appropriate, the 23 Best Rooftop Bars in America!
Smart Travel Gear
- This modern designed duffle bag is seriously well-priced and super functional. I love that there’s multiple ways to wear it. You can read more about it here.
- This luxurious travel kit would be a great gift, especially for someone going on a long-haul flight. The zip case for the blanket can double as a pillow if you stuff your sweater in it. Much more space-friendly than a typical travel neck pillow that only serves one purpose.
- This is the best round-up of all-purpose work/travel totes I’ve ever seen. I saved this tote organization article a while ago that would put anyone with travel anxiety at ease owning one of these spacious totes.
- I love knowing what beauty products other people swear by. MyDomaine editors shared theirs here!
- On the topic of travel-size beauty products, how did I not know about this secret section on Amazon?! *Orders immediately*
Pre-Travel Checklist Items
- The Only 11 Phrases You Need To Get By is something I’ll be studying before touching down in 4 different countries that are not English-speaking. Though, since I am going to all cities (versus small towns), I’m sure it won’t be that much of a problem.
- 11 Things You Should Do The Day Before Vacation is a helpful reminder! I would also add watering plants, if you have any that you regularly maintain.
- The ultimate Jet Lag Diet shares what to eat and what not to eat before and during your flight. This is so smart (if it works) and could make the difference between enjoying your first day versus being sluggish.
- Do you have a travel credit card? I recently got my first one (what took me so long?!) and chose the Chase Sapphire Reserve after significant research. So far it’s been great, but I’ll keep you posted once I’ve utilized it’s benefits more. The Capital One Venture card also just added some of the benefits that the Chase Sapphire Reserve has.
- Taking a road-trip? Check out these apps to maximize the journey.
In Case You Missed It
I love how no two volumes of Links To Look At will ever be the same! If you read something travel/restaurant-related on the internet this week that you think I should see, please share it in the comments below – I’d love to check it out!