The Fourth of July is upon us and falls smack dab in the middle of the week on a Wednesday. Also upon us are hotter than hot temperatures for most of the country. Fortunately I’ll be in landlocked in Orlando for it! Kidding aside, I’m looking forward to a week in Orlando exploring new places, spending time with friends, and finally putting together some new ideas I’ve had for the blog. Wishing everyone a safe and sunny holiday! This week’s Links To Look At features tips to travel with less stress and anxiety (which we all could use), summer travel ideas in the U.S., and news that I learned about for the first time this week.
Travel Tips To Stay Happy, Healthy & Stress-Free
- Keep your body in balance and recharged while traveling with this quick yoga sequence or these exercises perfect for after sitting on a long flight
- Airports have so many stress and anxiety triggers. Here are some tips for surviving the crowds and navigating that stress
- If you struggle or worry about motion sickness on a plane, these 9 tips will help! Dramamine is a lifesaver from my experience with car sickness
- The secrets to beating jet lag
- For piece of mind while traveling, this is what travel insurance does and doesn’t cover
I always feel the effects of travel stress when flying especially. I find it helps to maintain somewhat of a routine. As soon as I’m through security, I find the gate and make sure everything is still on schedule and where it is supposed to be. I like to see if the plane is there yet or not, more out of curiosity and a sense of time. Then, I walk around to buy whatever I need – water, snack, magazine, etc. Once I board the plane and arrive to my seat, I like to get myself setup with everything I know I’ll want easy access to – headphones, water, sweater, lip balm. I also wipe down the seat buckle, arm rests, entertainment and tray table with an antibacterial wipe. More on my flight routine to come!
Summer Travel Ideas in the U.S.
- If your idea of an escape is to float in a tube down a river with a drink in hand, these are the best places to go
- I’ve been to a few of these towns and can attest to how charming and “international” they feel (tourists included)
- For my NYC followers, these are great last-minute weekend getaways! I wish I had explored more towns on the weekends when I lived there.
Travel News I Learned About For The First Time
- I travel via the Orlando airport fairly often and will be affected by this change – the first of it’s kind in the U.S.!
- Oh how I wish New York’s LaGuardia Airport had this when I lived there…long overdue.
- Good news for American tourists going to London (like me!) who use Uber for getting around
- One of those, “why didn’t I think of that?” moments came to me when I read about these new services that bring hotel amenities to travelers not in hotels (Airbnbs, etc.)
- A new budget airline by JetBlue’s founder coming soon! I’ve had great experiences flying JetBlue and will definitely be keeping my eyes on this one
Technology To Better Your Travel Experience
- Two round-ups of tech gear for travel here and here. I can’t wait to try out some products on my trip to Europe and review it for all of you!
Planning A Trip To Europe
- I’m going to keep re-reading this list of common mistakes people make when planning a trip to Europe to ensure I don’t make the same ones
I’ve been actively working on my Europe trip research and will have planning updates in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!