As a longtime loyal customer of Nordstrom, I get very excited for their annual Anniversary Sale. Since July 12th, all Nordstrom cardholders have had early access to the sale (including me!). For everyone without a Nordstrom card, the sale starts on July 20th. The sale includes a wide selection of BRAND NEW AND ON SALE fall items in the women’s, men’s, designer, kids, beauty, and home & gifts departments. Rarely (if ever) does any retailer put their brand new items on sale, so this annual event truly is special. It’s a perfect opportunity to buy holiday gifts and wardrobe updates for the upcoming season. But don’t worry fellow Floridians, they have plenty of summer-wearable items as well! Since this is a travel blog, I wanted to share the best travel-friendly items (under $200) I’ve spotted in the sale. Warning: things sell out quickly, but they tend to restock at least once, especially on the first day of the public sale.
If you do have the card or sign up for the card, make sure you utilize your Triple Points Day if you plan to stock up in the sale. If you forget, you can message them through your credit card account and they will apply it to the date of your choosing for you. Triple Points allow you to get closer to achieving your next Nordstrom Note (gift card). I would never tell someone to sign up for a debit/credit card, but I will say this is my only shopping-related credit card. I think it’s 100% worth it if you are a regular Nordstrom shopper like I am.
For clothing, I’ve narrowed it down to the items that are nice to pack on trips. They are cozy, comfortable, warm, multi-use, and/or weatherproof. I recommend buying multiple sizes if you’re unsure, given Nordstrom has free and easy returns and they sell out quickly. You can also see if the item is available at your local store for pick-up. If it is, you can purchase it for pick-up to secure the item(s), try them on in-store, and immediately return what you don’t want. That’s what I did this year during early access and it worked out perfectly.
- Rails Hunter Plaid Shirt – $104.90 sale price ($158.00 after sale) *Button-down flannel shirts are a great layer for traveling. If you get warm, you can roll-up the sleeves or open the buttons (with a shirt underneath, of course). They are also warm and cozy. Win-win. This is the best brand of flannels, and although still expensive, I hardly ever see it go on sale! If you’ve been eyeing the Rails shirts, this is the time. I also like this one. Size up!
- Caslon Plaid Shirt – $44.90 sale price ($69.00 after sale) *If you don’t want to splurge on Rails, the quality of this Nordstrom brand shirt is almost equivalent. It’s very long in the back, but can easily be tucked in.
- BB Dakota Gabrielle Faux Leather Asymmetrical Jacket – $69.90 sale price ($105.00 after sale) *This jacket looks and feels expensive for a great price. Even better, it folds pretty flat and is easily packable in your suitcase.
- Leith Boxy Cardigan – $43.90 sale price ($65.00 after sale) *boxy/shorter version – size down!
- Madewell Ryder Cardigan – $64.90 sale price ($98.00 after sale) *a soft, stretchy fabric – size down!
- Leith Ribbed Shawl Cocoon Sweater – $45.90 sale price ($69.00 after sale) *a longer, ribbed version
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite Circle Cardigan – $76.90 sale price ($116.00 after sale) *this brand has the softest items ever – so cozy
- The North Face ‘Resolve Plus’ Waterproof Jacket – $68.90 sale price ($99.00 after sale) *a classic style – true to size
- Cole Haan Signature Gunflap Packable Rain Jacket (petite sizes) and Cole Haan Signature Packable Raincoat (regular sizes) – $129.90 sale price ($200.00 after sale) *love that this has flattering details and is packable into a small bag, however it is unlined and is not fitted at the wrists. I do not recommend sizing up.
- Kristen Blake Two-Layer Tech Raincoat – $129.90 sale price ($200.00 after sale) *this also comes in petite
- The North Face Rissy 2 Packable Wind Resistant Jacket – $89.90 sale price ($120.00 after sale) *packable, a little longer, only water repellent, not waterproof
- Patagonia Nano Puff Water Resistant Jacket – $148.90 sale price ($199.00 after sale) *lightweight but warm
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Socks – $9.90 sale price ($15.00 after sale) *not pictured above; I love putting on fuzzy socks right after take off!
You probably already have comfortable sneakers or “walking shoes” that you bring on your travels. But what you might not have are cute boots/booties that are also waterproof (and not rain boots). Specific, but so practical, especially in the fall. If you’ve ever visited a city where it rained every day (hello Chicago & Toronto), and pushed through/kept with your itinerary anyway, you’ll understand this. Wet feet/shoes is not fun! If you don’t have any comfortable walking shoes to go with your day outfits, I’ve also linked a few non-waterproof options.
- Blondo Lila Waterproof Bootie – $99.90 sale price ($149.95 after sale)
- Blondo Varta Waterproof Bootie – $99.90 sale price ($149.95 after sale)
- Blondo Verona Waterproof Bootie – $99.90 sale price ($149.95 after sale)
- Blondo Nova Waterproof Bootie – $99.90 sale price ($149.95 after sale) *if you like a higher heel; keep in mind these will take up a lot of room in your suitcase if you don’t wear them in-transit!
- Blondo Lanka Waterproof Bootie – $99.90 sale price ($149.95 after sale)
- UGG Simmens Waterproof Leather Boot – $109.90 sale price ($169.95 after sale) *shearling lining for colder climates
- Gentle Souls Eugene Flat – $99.90 sale price ($149.95 after sale) *provides arch support with a flexible, grippy sole, if sneakers aren’t your style
- Converse Chuck Taylor Shoreline Sneaker – $42.90 sale price ($65.00 after sale) *these look easy to pack, and also have the rose gold
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Seasonal Ox Low Top Sneaker – $46.90 sale price ($70.00 after sale) *I’ve never owned Converse, but I know they are very popular! These are actually cute with the rose gold detail.
- Cole Haan GrandPro Spectator Scalloped Slip-On Sneaker – $99.90 sale price ($150.00 after sale) *a common style in the sale this year – I love the scallops and (more) rose gold!
- Sofft Safia Slip-On Sneaker – $64.90 sale price ($99.95 after sale) *from a comfort shoe brand and for a lower price, these are the exact same style as the Cole Haan and Vince styles!
- Vince Cantara Slip-On Sneaker – $129.90 sale price ($195.00 after sale)
Handbags & Accessories
Two things I recommend keeping to a minimum while packing is handbags and jewelry. These bags will pack flat in your suitcase and/or are expandable if you prefer to carry around quite a few/larger items on a daily basis. For jewelry, you should keep everything together in one place and store it properly. No one wants to be delayed on their adventure because of tangled jewelry or a missing earring! These sets keep everything organized and protected. A few other travel necessities include a travel wallet or passport case, and a luggage tag.
- Nordstrom Ava Foldover Crossbody Bag – $85.90 sale price ($129.00 after sale) *it packs flat!
- Nordstrom Kara Leather Expandable Crossbody Bag – $98.90 sale price ($149.00 after sale) *it packs flat and is expandable
- Vince Camuto Rue Leather Crossbody Bag – $129.90 sale price ($198.00 after sale) *also expandable!
- Longchamp ‘Le Pliage’ Expandable Tote – $129.90 sale price ($195.00 after sale)
- TUMI Voyager Capri Nylon Crossbody Bag – $129.90 sale price ($195.00 after sale)
- Cathy’s Concepts Monogram Passport Case & Luggage Tag – $47.90 sale price ($73.00 after sale) *real leather
- Nordstrom Wanderlust Leather Travel Wallet – $85.90 sale price ($129.00 after sale) *holds your passport and foreign currencies
- Wolf Caroline Zip Case – $45.90 sale price ($69.00 after sale) *if you travel with some jewelry
- Wolf Palermo Travel Zip Case – $69.90 sale price ($104.50 after sale) *if you travel with a lot of jewelry
A variety of luggage is on sale, from personal item bags to fit under the seat in front of you (totes & backpacks) to duffle bags, international carry-on suitcases and checked bags. All under $200!
- Herschel Supply Co. Strand Flight Satin Duffel Bag – $52.90 sale price ($80.00 after sale) *would also work well as a gym bag
- Herschel Supply Co. Sutton Chambray Duffle Bag – $46.90 sale price ($70.00 after sale)
- Herschel Supply Co. Little America Chambray Backpack – $66.90 sale price ($100.00 after sale)
- Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Chambray Backpack – $49.90 sale price ($75.00 after sale)
- Herschel Supply Co. Trade 20-inch Wheeled Carry-On – $99.90 sale price ($150.00 after sale)
- Cathy’s Concepts Monogram Oversized Tote – $45.90 sale price ($70.00 after sale)
- Cole Haan Grand Nylon Duffle Bag – $199.90 sale price ($300.00 after sale)
- TUMI Voyager Halle Nylon Backpack – $196.90 sale price ($295.00 after sale)
- Sole Society Lacie Faux Leather Duffle Bag – $56.90 sale price ($84.95 after sale) *super popular and highly-rated duffle bag
- Nordstrom Chevron 20-inch Spinner Carry-On – $103.90 sale price ($139.00 after sale) *international carry-on size
- Nordstrom Chevron 25-inch Spinner Suitcase – $148.90 sale price ($199.00 after sale) *checked bag size
- Nordstrom Chevron 29-inch & 20-inch Spinner Luggage Set – $223.90 sale price ($299.00 after sale; $408.00 value!) *over $200, but it’s a set! Will you forgive me?
My favorite section – beauty! I love collecting minis for travel, and these sets do the work for you. There are also some beautiful multi-purpose palettes that are small and slim enough to fit in your bag.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pretty Glowing Skin Palette – $75.00 sale price ($153.00 value) *An all-in-one face palette – powder, bronzer, blush and highlight. Rarely do face palettes also include a face powder, which I totally appreciate. Although there are some negative reviews, I think the shades are more sheer/natural but work beautifully on my light skin tone. If you are medium/tan/dark, I would not recommend it.
- NARS Hot Escape Eye & Cheek Palette – $49.00 sale price ($131.00 value) *Beautiful, neutral shades for a variety of skin tones and eye colors.
- Laura Mercier Essentials Eye & Cheek Palette – $65.00 sale price ($124.00 value) *Eyeshadows, blush and bronzer in one slim palette. It looks like the shimmery light shadow could work as a highlight too!
- Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye & Cheek Palette – $98.00 sale price ($380.00 value) *Can you even believe this value?! Such a beautiful palette with a big mirror in it too.
- Bobbi Brown Mini Glow Set – $32.00 sale price ($53.00 value) *Bobbi Brown face brushes are the best. This mini can be used for anything on the face, and the glow acts as a blush & highlighter. Note, it wore more pink than bronze on me.
- NARS Sunseeker Lip & Light Duo – $24.00 sale price ($30.00 value) *Another beautiful champagne highlighter shade formula, and universal lip color, in mini size!
- Kiehl’s Super Age Correcting Set – $89.00 sale price ($131.00 value) *I love and use the Midnight Recovery products and vitamin C regularly. This set also includes a SPF moisturizer and eye cream! Everything you need for travel.
- BECCA Prep, Set, Glow Set – $35.00 sale price ($52.00 value) *I have and love the primer and highlighter in this set
- Origins Superstar Minis Set – $35.00 sale price ($76.00 value) *A great travel set if you’re acne-prone!
- Oribe Gold Lust Set – $38.00 sale price ($57.00 value) *Cult products from the brand to keep your hair looking it’s best on your trip. Different water in new places can really take a toll on your hair, often making it dry or dull. These products will revive it!
- Illuminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask – $23.00 sale price ($35.00 after sale) *A silk eye mask is great to travel with for the plane and in bedrooms/hotel rooms that might get very bright. This one treats the delicate area around your eyes at the same time!
- Skinny Dip Sunset Pink & Rose Gold Manicure Set – $23.00 sale price ($42.00 value)
The sale ends on August 5th. If you have ANY questions about this sale or Nordstrom in general, please feel free to comment, e-mail or DM me on Instagram! I represented their beauty department on a national level (a dream!) while working at a NYC PR Agency, so I’m confident in my knowledge of the department store and this sale.
For more travel gear recommendations, check out my Pinterest page. I will be posting more on the blog about travel gear after my Europe trip as well. Stay tuned!