To be honest, it’s been a little while since I’ve been excited about a new restaurant or bar opening in Winter Park. Orlando has spoiled us in its rapid growth of the dining scene in Mills 50, Colonialtown, and Milk District to name a few. That is, until these new spots popped up on my radar. Spoiler alert: They’re not even on Park Ave!
Opened on April 1st, Forward/Slash is a new high-end whiskey distillery features a tasting room, bottle shop, and full cocktail bar. I love the menu, how they offer outdoor seating, and according to @orlandoeatsout, their espresso martini is perfect (YUM)! Because they just opened, it sounds like they are still growing with plans for the future – perhaps food or interior/exterior updates? We shall see. In the meantime, go check them out and support local. You know I will be!
Winter Park Village is going through a complete overhaul, and from what I can tell, they’re off to a great start. That is, with the new modern Italian restaurant, Bar Italia. They describe themselves as paying homage to the essence of the great Italian-American restaurants in NYC, serving familiar dishes in an elevated fashion and priding themselves on an elegant yet unpretentious and comfortable atmosphere. Despite seeking out more creative menus, I always appreciate the classics done well. It sounds like the perfect place to go to with a larger group, out of town visitors, or picky eaters!
Park Avenue Tavern
In the old Dexter’s space in Hannibal Square is Park Avenue Tavern, a quintessential New York-style American tavern serving elevated classics. From peeking in on my way to the hair salon (shout out to Stella Luca!), the vibe looks appealing. My only hesitation is the prices seem very high for what the food is, but I won’t know for sure until I try it! I do think, like Bar Italia, that it makes perfect sense for the Winter Park crowd. I also trust that it might be better than I think seeing the other NYC restaurants the IGC restaurant group owns that I’m familiar with. P.S. Check out my 2022 NYC food guide here!
Located next to Park Avenue Tavern in Hannibal Square, Cafe-Boutique PIANO is a family-owned, European-style boutique restaurant offering a cozy atmosphere and live music. It reminds me of some of my favorite small wine bars in New York City that are perfect for date night.
If you’ve been to any of these new spots, I’d love to know what you thought in a comment below! If not, make sure you’re following along at @adventuresingourmet, where I will always review new places first before it makes it on the blog.
A Few of My Winter Park Favorites To Consider
- Farm & Haus – Featured on my Instagram @adventuresingourmet
- Café Don Juan – Featured on my Instagram @adventuresingourmet
- Doshi – Check out my Instagram review here
- Vinia Wine & Kitchen – Fabio’s Table is the BEST – reviewed here
Coming Soon to Winter Park
- RISE Southern Biscuits & Righteous Chicken – Coming soon to the plaza with Bulla & Sixty Vines
- Chayote Barrio Kitchen (Puerto Rican restaurant), Flutes (Champagne Bar), and Jeni’s (Ice Cream) in Winter Park Village
- Chuan Fu – A Sichuan restaurant opening in the former Orlando Meats space by the owners of Chuan Lu on East Colonial
In Case You Missed It: Orlando Edition
- Influenced: 6 Great Breakfast Spots on My Orlando Wishlist
- What To Order at The Monroe
- My First Time to Seito in Baldwin Park
- Heaven that is Pizza Bruno in College Park
- First Impressions of Otto’s High Dive in The Milk District
- Welcoming The Moderne To The Neighborhood
- A Complete Orlando Food Guide You Can’t Miss (2023 update coming soon!)
- An Orlando Guide to the Best Bars to Drink Beer, Wine & Cocktails (2023 update coming soon!)