I’m taking a break from talking about food today to focus on travel beauty products. Over the years, I’ve become rather obsessed with mini-sizes to try at home before purchasing the full-size that are also conveniently travel-friendly. I wanted to use the opportunity of this sale (more on that below) to share some of my favorite products to travel with, as well as some practical sets at great values!
About The Sale
My primary retailer for purchasing beauty products is Sephora and it has been that way since high school. There are a few VIB sales each year, and one of them is going on now! For Rouge members (the most elite status, based on how much you spend in a year), the sale started earlier this week. For everyone else, it starts today, April 20th. The benefit for Rouge members was to have early access to the promo code before popular items may have sold out, but the discount itself is the same for VIB members at 15% off. Beauty Insiders receive 10% off. To be honest, it’s not that big of a discount, especially compared to their sale in December before the holidays (20-25% off), but if there’s something you’ve been eyeing or repurchase regularly, it’s worth it.
- Fresh Rose Hydration Hotshots ($55; $71 value): I love everything from Fresh and think their products are great for travel as they are suitable for sensitive skin. Being in different climates with different tap water being splashed on your face can affect your skin while traveling, not to mention airplanes, trains, etc. Also, their rose products smell incredible.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir Mini ($18): This facial mist boasts skincare benefits and has the best smell of any beauty product, dare I make such a claim. It’s incredibly calming and refreshing to the skin and the spirit, making it a wonderful travel companion. I go through it too quickly, but it’s worth it!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer ($15): I recently discovered this product and love how it acts as both a lightweight moisturizer and primer under makeup, perfect for if you’re in a bit of a rush or need a little extra hydration.
- Herbivore True Blue Skin Clarifying Duo ($29; $50 value): I love the Herbivore line and think this clarifying set is especially great for travel. The products work to reduce redness, soothe blemishes and irritation, and balance out the skin – perfect for skin that might flare up while traveling.
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask ($48): This new product is all over social media because of it’s savvy founders Marianna Hewitt and Lauren Gores. I’ve been following Marianna via her YouTube channel and blog for years and worked with her on influencer campaigns while in NYC. She’s so sweet and created one impressive product. Like the name suggests, this cream is super hydrating and replenishing to dull, dry skin. I’m so pleased with how well and how quickly my skin absorbs the cream that I haven’t felt the need to wipe it off with a tissue (though you can). I can’t wait to take it with me on my trip to Massachusetts in a few weeks. In the meantime, I use it as an overnight mask! I’m sure it would work wonders if you get a sunburn, too.
- Tatcha Pore Perfecting Moisturizer & Cleanser Duo ($25; $35 value): This is a more recent purchase of mine after hearing everyone rave about the Tatcha line. I can attest to the fact that they are beautiful, gentle products for everyday that my skin soaks right up.
- RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation ($36): This product is with me everyday in my handbag as my number one for touch-ups on-the-go. It lasts forever, smooths over makeup with ease, looks completely natural, is lightweight and is filled with natural ingredients to hydrate the skin and reduce the appearance of pores. A little goes a long way, but one day when I do run out, I will be repurchasing it immediately. Worth the high price tag!
- Sunday Riley Flash Fix Kit ($28; $40 value): I received a one-time sample of the Good Genes treatment and liked how nicely it went on my skin after cleansing and toning. Before splurging for the full size, I thought this kit was a great deal to get some more uses out of it. It’s lasted me for so long as you really only need 1-2 small pumps. The cleanser was great as well and doubles as a mask!
- DryBar Triple Sec 3-in-1 Mini ($13): This texturizer doubles as a hairspray for me to keep my natural or wanded waves in place. It smells amazing and is soft and airy to the touch. Besides a hair oil/serum and shampoo and conditioner, this is the only hair product I always travel with!
- It! Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ Mini ($15): I use this CC cream nearly everyday – on it’s own for very quick, natural, short-term coverage, or mixed with a more matte foundation for all day. I love that it contains SPF, reduces the appearance of redness and has a subtle glow on the skin.
- Sephora Favorites Power of the Petal ($38; $124 value): The value and quality of products in the Sephora Favorites range cannot be beat! I’m currently eyeing this one featuring cult products like the Drunk Elephant Babyfacial and Kate Somerville ExfoliKate. They sold out immediately of the Sun Safety kit, one of my favorites, that they come out with every summer. Keep an eye out because even without a discount, it’s still a great deal for various types of sunscreen to try out and travel with.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance ($22): If you asked me a few years ago, I would have avoided a product like this. Now, I’ve realized that in the form of a primer underneath foundation, it’s perfection. It gives the most beautiful, pearlescent finish to not allow matte/full coverage foundations to look flat. I also love the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance, which seems to be sold out right now in both the full-size and set it’s included in as travel-size. It can also be mixed in with your foundation.
I hope you enjoyed this different type of travel coverage. I certainly enjoyed writing it – I could talk about beauty like I could about food and travel all day! Please feel free to ask me any questions about the products mentioned or about the sale in the comments below or on social media, and tell me what your favorite products are to travel with!